Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday



I have always loved shadows and when I stumbled across this blog "Hey Harriet" I was fascinated and thrilled that I could find a way to share my images with others.

Here is my new Shadow Shot Sunday image for this week:



I caught this underneath my glider while hanging out in the backyard with my daughter. The various shapes that the sun filled the concrete with reminded me of the head of a Roc Em Soc Em robot that my brothers had when we were little. I love this image and could not wait to share it with the Shadow Shot Sunday. Please follow the link above that I posted to see interesting images that other talented individuals have had posted.

Have a great evening....

11 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

I love this image also and I'm glad you shared it! I haven't heard of Roc Em Soc Em robots before but I do like robots in general. Your shadow robot is very cool. I'm sure it's even cooler than a Roc Em Soc Em robot head. And way bigger I imagine :)

A Wild Thing said...

It does give the image of a robot. I love finding images in the things around me that would normally be overlooked...good eye!

sharon

maryt/theteach said...

Kym, great "robot" looking shadow! Ha! Thanks for visiting my blog for SSS! :)

Sylvia K said...

What a great shadow shot! I't amazing the marvelous shadows you can find when you begin looking for them! Thanks for sharing!

ahab said...

Wow! That is one strong image. Rock 'em sock'em indeed!

Kym said...

Hey Harriet...thank you and I am glad to share my work freely with others....

Sweet Repose...thank you for your comment...I have learned to become more aware of my surroundings since taking on this second career in my life...

Maryt/theteach...thanks for the comment and thanks for visiting my blog as well...

Sylvia K...thank you..I love looking at the way the sun plays with shadows everywhere it touches!

ahab...thank you for the comment, I truly appreciate that you find the image such a strong one!

Dianne said...

that's a sweet little shadow
I love strong lines, and these are lovely

Kym said...

Dianne, thank you for your comments. I love shapes and lines and it is so much fun when I find it and able to share it with the world!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. The shadow looks eerily familiar to a robot. Great catch and good eye

Chubby Chieque said...

Thanks for sharing this to us. I love chasing shadows specially in a poor sunshine. Make me so artistic.

Job well done!

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it