Thursday, April 16, 2009

TtV Photography Images and Critique

On the last post, I uploaded several images, and asked for comments. I only received three (I was hoping to start a healthy critique, but somehow that never seems to happen) comments!

Here are two of the comments that were said of the following image "white is too white...i can't see any 'soul' in that pic..." and "I like how you are drawn into the yellow vortex of the flower. The petals are guiding you to the sweet spot." Another comment that I had asked of a fellow photographer was "There is no detail and I do not like the way the flower is cut off."

(click on image to enlarge)

"Purity of Insanity..."

I had asked for opinions based upon just the image, I did not put a title to the image. I am wondering now, if I added the title, would the critiques change? I remember sitting in several critiques of art classes and initially reacting to images without seeing the title. My immediate reaction was changed once I "understood" what the image represented to the artist who produced the work. So, I am once again putting out to whoever would like to discuss the image, to leave a comment or critique now that you know what I titled the image.

On another note, I am in the process of deciding what prints that I would like to produce for the art show that we are involved in at work. We were told this past week that in addition to the artists that we work with showcasing their work, the studio is reserving a room to showcase the works of the studio staff. I am still fascinated by TtV photography, so I picked a few out that I think might be of interest.

(click on image to enlarge)

"Take me to the River..."


(click on image to enlarge)

"The Wolf Huffed and He Puffed...."


(click on image to enlarge)


"Love swallows you up"

I have a few others that I might add to the collection, but I have already blogged about them in older posts, so I did not want to repeat myself.

Have a great evening!

3 comments:

BLOGitse said...

For me the title is not important.
I like what I see or not.

We people have different fondnesses - what ever you do, some people like it some not. You can't never please everybody.

If you want more pro critical opinions I recommend this forum:
http://digital-photography-school.com/

Have fun! :)

Frances said...

I'm interested in how you came up with your title for the white flower. It struck me as somewhat a Star of David -- looking somewhat defeated (broken petal). Anyhooo -- I'm sure a critique could change once you have more information (like the title of the piece of work). The TTV photographs are great -- I love the colors, textures, and story inside the frame.

maryt/theteach said...

Kym, I would have considered the daffodil "overexposed" without any input by the photographer. With the title I see you overexposed it on purpose... that does make a difference. I still don't know if I like it though.

If you don't mind me saying, you can get people to come to your blo9g if you join several photographic memes. I run 2 memes at the moment with a 3rd on the way. Ruby Tuesday and Sepia Scenes. Just google the titles.