Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Journaling and Artwork

1.2.
3. 4.

The above images are as follows:

1. My daughter's first self-portrait (they were studying Paul Klee) in Art Class
2. A start of a sketch that I had done for a Design 2 project (it is not much, but it turned out well)
3. A start of a picture for my Drawing I sketchbook (I still need to finish this portrait..I need help!)
4. A part of one of my photography classes journal....

I have found that it is important to keep a journal of what you are thinking, seeing, sketching, etc...while working on projects. My daughter has started on this little quirk and has taken over some of my journal books and by sketching in some of her own ideas about art.

I did add a picture of one of her first art projects that she completed in her kindergarten art class. The art teacher discussed the artist Paul Klee and had the students do a self portrait in honor of his work.

On another note, I had a enjoyable class this evening, but soon it will all end next Tuesday for the semester until the middle of January, 2009. It was fun learning about the various parts of a Apple Computer, but I am ready to get back into the art classes and getting my hands dirty again.

Have a great evening!

No comments: