Monday, December 1, 2008

Through my Viewfinder


About a month ago, I went to a photography lecture at the college I attend and was intrigued by this contraption that the photographer had brought to the lecture. It looked like an old twin lens camera with a long, black tube taped to it. I was instantly hooked and could not wait to try out this form of creative photography called TTV.

I still need to go out and buy myself some black cardstock and really construct a better tube, but for the time (and to save some money) I constructed a cheap version from a box found in my house and used some black painter's tape that I had as well. I am sure that is the reason why that I get getting this weird shape showing up in the middle of the picture (which I find to be quite interesting and it adds to the picture itself).

From my understanding, you need to have a macro lens as well. I still have a lot to learn with this new, and creative way to take pictures, so follow along with me on my journey and critique away.

I have attached a picture that I took today using the above method, and I even hurt myself in the process (I fell slipping on some ice going outside, but the camera stayed firmly in my hand :) ).

No comments: