Monday, April 6, 2009

Sketching and New Artist Emerging

I found a sketch of a mask in a magazine that intrigued me. I decided to sketch my version of it in my journal last week while waiting for the little one's dance class to end. I took the sketch to work, enhanced the sketch a little more with the pencil and scanned it in so that I could play with it in photoshop. I added some light layering to the image (I love that the scanner picked up some of the writing on the other side of the drawing). Here is the completed sketch that I now consider an artwork that I want to incorporate as a logo on the blog (tell me what you think of the sketch):


In addition to the above sketch, this past Thursday while I was at work assisting an artist on some sketches, I decided to re-sketch the mask again. I applied the second version on a piece of canvas, and colored it in with earth tones in acrylic. I am still working on it as I write this, but when I get that piece completed, I will scan it in and upload for your critique as well!

I have an announcement (do you hear the trumpets sounding....)!

Today, I assisted a fellow artist in starting their own photography/art blog (cheers, clapping....hooray!). We are hoping that within a week or so, we will have the blog ready to roll. I am asking those who currently follow my blog to please stay tuned......I would like each and every one of you to click onto the blog when it is ready.... please take a moment to read, make comments and follow if you like!

I will add more details and a link when we have everything in place! Thanks so much for all that have dared to follow me so far, and for all the nice, appreciated comments left on this blog!

Have happy dreams and a wonderful evening!

4 comments:

colleen said...

Love the sketch and am jealous as I have no talent what so ever in drawing, painting, etc. I will stay tuned for the new blog.

have a great night.

Kym said...

Thank you Colleen...we worked some more on the blog today...hoping for the unveiling next Monday....

Hey Harriet said...

I really like this sketch and think it would work perfectly as a blog logo.

I'm looking forward to the unveiling of the new blog you mentioned :)

Kym said...

Tracy...thanks for your comment...we should have the blog up and running by Monday?!@?!?!?!?!? Keep your fingers crossed.....