Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday #3 and Thoughts of the images...

I am a bit late in uploading my Shadow Shot Sunday Images. This is my third set and I love creating these images. Yesterday was very sunny, and warm enough that I spent time outdoors with Mini-me and the four-legged nut (if you ever met this dog, you would understand...he has a "thing" for rocks).

I found shadows everywhere, but only took the ones that really caught my eye. I loved that a dried leave was putting on a shadow puppet show for us, so I snapped the shot before the sun moved away. I caught some small flowers showcasing themselves on my front steps (one of my favorites). Of course, I had to include the dog, and my little one as they were enjoying the warmth of the sun! The other shadows are from my glider, the back gave a shadow that was somewhat Victorian in shape. The outline of a chair laying upon the table reminded me of a steering wheel design. The swing set gave a nice angular shot upon the newly green grass in the backyard:


















Please enjoy these shadow shots as much as I enjoyed discovering and capturing them! Mother Nature puts on quite a show with those shadows, all one has to do is just seek them out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother Nature put out all the goodies today. I love that you have the eye to catch all the wonders around you. Love it.

A Wild Thing said...

I'm so hooked on shadows now, I see them on tv and think...how cool...they're everywhere...ha!

Kym said...

Yvonne---thank you, your so sweet!

Sweet Reposse-I always loved shadows...just was too busy chasing other rainbows to realize that I should have been taking those shots that I enjoyed so much!

T.Allen said...

Very nice collection of shadows you have here, thanks for sharing!

Hey Harriet said...

Your dog has a thing for rocks? How odd! And I thought my dog was strange ;)

These are wonderful shadows, all the more sweeter because they were simple things you observed around the house! It's amazing what treasures we have in our own backyards so to speak, if only we open our eyes. As you did!

Unknown said...

Sometimes I look at shadows and wonder if they aren't a parallel universe. What dramas are being played out there? Quite lovely.

Kym said...

T. Allen-Mercado-Thanks for looking...

Tracy--When I say "thing for rocks"...it is quite funny and weird to see how he behaves when he gets a hold of one...hence the name "Rocky"! Thanks for the comments as well!

Distracted---I have often wondered that myself...does my shadow carry the same weights as I do? Are things reversed in that universe?

Thanks everyone for their comments!

Kranky Granny said...

Kym, you got some great shadows for this week. You must be having more sun then we are.

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. Love to hear from you.

My email is on my profile. How about dropping me a line and letting me know what part of Mo. you are in.