Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Friendship, Digital Cyanotype Photography and Fabric

Today at work one of the artists that I work with drew a cartoon of me and I love it so much that I wanted to share it with the world:
Sometimes life just feels so right when others make you feel special no matter what!

I have been working on learning more about Cyanotype Photography Digitally:



As well as with cotton fabric already pre-soaked with the chemicals:


The above fabric swatches were set out in the sun from about 2:00 p.m. until the sun went down under a glass plate that was not coated with UV protection. Apparently the directions on the package were incorrect (stated 15 minutes in the sun or 30 on a cloudy day) which is why these two images are the best that have been produced out of 15 so far! I will be doing more research and practice with cyanotype photography using negatives and hopefully produce something much more tangible in the near future!

~Peace~
Kym

No comments: