Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Natural Lighting

I am intrigued by the use of natural light in photography. I love how the softness of the sun going down bathes objects and changes our views of the world around us.


Shot at 1/50 at F 5.0 400 ISO
Use of natural light from window
Focal Length 44.0 mm


With the abundance of rain in our area for the last month, the plants have been blooming quite rapidly! The flowers in the bowl were picked this afternoon after I noticed that my Yucca plants
outside had finally bloomed!

Here is am image of the plant outside taken after the sun had gone down:

Shot at 1/80 at F 4.5 400 ISO
Use of natural light outdoors
Focal Length 47.0 mm

Due to falling ill again from the H1N1 virus about a month ago, I am finally feeling 90% better after getting the proper medications and forced rest for a week.
Finally, I am back to wanting to do the things that I love as seen above. In addition, I have started working on ideas and cleaning the downstairs in preparation for the
art/photography studio that I have been promising myself and
my muse since last winter.

Please forgive the mess in the image below, but I wanted to show a rough idea of the two areas that I have to work with....



~Peace and Good will to all~
Kym

2 comments:

Pat O'Driscoll said...

Hi Kym,

I love the quiet values in that top picture.
Glad to hear you are feeling better, good luck with the studio.

Kym said...

Thanks so much Pat....I will post updates when the studio is done!